BIFF man forced to shoot CAFGU friend in front of wife, child

A Civilian Armed Force Geographical Unit (CAFGU) officer was shot dead right before his wife and  8-year old child.

Alfred Cutay, a CAFGU, was shot by a member of the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF) in front of his family, who also happened to be a friend of the victim, was forced to shot the man.

According to the narration of the wife, the BIFF rebel who she thinks is the second in command, pointed a gun at his husband's friend and told him that he will not kill the CAFGU, they will kill him too.

"Tinutukan din siya ng baril sa batok ng, parang, siya yung second commander na... 'pag hindi mo siya patayin, na patayin din siya. Kaya nag-iyak na lang siya, nag-tulo 'yung luha niya, binaril niya ang asawa ko," she said.

The 8-year old daughter witnessed how his father was brutally killed. The mother asked the rebels why they killed her father.

"Ang tigas kasi ng ulo ng tatay mo, sinabihan na namin sya na wag syang mag-training, nag-ano pa talaga," the mother quoted one of the rebels.

The friend who was forced to kill his husband burst couldn't help but cry and before he shot him dead, the friend apologize to him for what he was about to do.

The killing incident happened 8 AM, Wednesday at the victim's residence in  Brgy. Malagkit , Pigcawayan, Cotabato. The corpse was found lying on his stomach with his back shot multiple times and his right arm was severely damage due to gunshots.

The killer planted a bomb into the victim's body, which was the reason why his remains were not found until yesterday morning.

Aside from him, two other CAFGU members were injured due to the clashes from the attacks of the BIFF in Cotabato where the rebels launched their attack.

A rescue mission for the trapped residents of Malagakit was conducted were 73 civilians were reportedly rescued from the conflict zone.

Capt. Nap Alcarioto, 602 Brigade Spokesperson, stated that the BIFF rebels retreated, but their next plan is still unknown to the authorities.

"Wala nang armado dun sa lugar, bale ang ginagawa na lang po ngayon ay retrieval ng civilians," said Alcarioto.

Pigcawayan Mayor Eliseo "Jun" Garcesa stated that as of the time being, the situation is contained. "As of now, nagsu-subside na ang fire engagement," he added.

Capt. Arvin Encinas, spokesperson of 6th Infantry Division, said the bandit group no longer held any hostages.

"Yung BIFF negative na (sa school). Nung padilim na at around 6 o'clock habang gumagapang, papalapit 'yung ating tropa, tumakas sila leaving behind itong civilians na ginawa nilang hostages," Encinas said and also denied that hostages were taken in the town's school.

"Ang nangyari kasi ay may ilang grupo lang ng tao na naiwan sa area and hindi sila pwedeng lumabas dahil...hindi medyo safe na lumabas sila," he added.

"Habang palapit yung tropa natin...kumuha ng tiyempo itong BIFF na magwithdraw, iniwan din yung hostages nila, mga 31," Encinas said.

Meanwhile, the regional and local government will provide food and medical assistance to more than 1,000 evacuees.

Source: GMA