Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre believes that the case filed against former President Noynoy Aquino regarding the Mamasapano incident are just too weak to even have PNoy jailed.
"By and large, the findings of facts of the Ombudsman is accurate naman," Aguirre told the reporters.
"Masyadong maliit ngayon at as a matter of fact, alam naman natin na bailable yun eh. Baka wala pang anim na taon yun e. Bailable and probationable," he said.
Former Special Action Force chief Getulio Napeñas seconded Aguirre's statements. Napeñas have been previously pinned by the former President for the deaths of the SAF 44 in Mamasapano encounter.
However, Napeñas said that the President is at fault with the mentioned encounter in Mamasapano.
"If they provided the artillery support ng umaga, hindi ganun karami. However, nun nag-imbestiga, diba? Sinagot ni General Catapang [Armed Forces chief General Gregorio Catapang Jr.] yan. The reason kung bakit hindi nag-provide ng artillery support is because of the peace process. E sinong nagrekomenda that time?" Napeñas told the reporters.
Napeñas is open in attending another Senate hearing for another investigation, but, they won't be able to get anything new from him. Instead, he suggested to retrieve the text conversations between PNoy, former Philippine National Police chief Alan Purisima and other generals to understand and know what really happened.
"Huli yan, makikita don. Kasi yung transcription ng text messages nina General Purisima tsaka ni General Guerrero ay kinuha lang nila yung laman. Hindi sinabmit yung celphone nila for forensic," he said.
Meanwhile, the Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption reprimanded Ombudsman Conchita Morales for her recommendation in downgrading the charges against PNoy for the massacre of 44 SAF troops.
"The VACC condemns the resolution made by Morales. Why? Because we filed a criminal complaint not just a mere administrative or minor criminal offense which is usurpation," VACC founding chairman and president Dante Jimenez.
The VACC primarily filed charges of multiple homicide against Aquino. They feared that now the charges are downgraded, the Sandiganbayan might just dismissed the charges.
"Ombudsman Morales 'wag mo kaming gagag*hin! Nagngingitngit ang mga pamilya. Tumatawag sa amin bakit hindi raw doon sa finile namin na reckless imprudence resulting to homicide," Jimenez stressed. "Whitewash ito. Leading to dismissal sa kasong 'to!" the VACC chief said.
"Ito po ay orchestrated design to eventually white wash and drop the case agaisnt former President Aquino. Ganun po ang nakikita ng aming mga abogado, ganun din po ang nakikita ng mga pamilya ng mga victims because 'yung kanyang kinakasong usurpation... sino pang mag-usurp ng powers diyan e presidente siya ng Pilipinas," the VACC chief added.
Ferdinand Topacio, VACC legal counsel, is planned to file a motion for reconsideration on or before Wednesday the Office of the Ombudsman.
The VACC vowed to the families of the slain SAF troopers to give all they got in order for the homicide case to pursue.
"The fact na there were 44 who died, bakit graft? Eh hindi naman pagnanakaw ang pinag-uusapan dito e andaming namatay," the lawyer said.
"Ang sinasabi dito hindi raw proximate cause 'yung kay Pangulong Aquino. Pero nakalagay sa batas, a person who sets in motion a series of events para mangyari 'yung pagkamatay is also criminally responsible for reckless imprudence resulting to homicide," the lawyer added, noting that the Ombudsman has practically dismissed the homicide case they filed against Aquino in her resolution.
Topacio also questioned the timing of the Ombudsman's resolution.
"Pero kahit weekend tatrabahuhin ko 'to mai-appeal lang namin," the lawyer said.
Source: News5, GMA