President Duterte vowed to eat alive the kidnappers of Vietnamese sailors

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte threatened to eat alive the Islamist extremists who kidnapped and beheaded two Vietnamese sailors in Basilan.



The President stated that under his administration, such vicious acts will never be pardoned. Bodies of Hoang Trung Thong and Hoang Va Hai were found in the Barangay Tumahubong. The two Vietnamese sailors were among the six sailors abducted from the MV Royal 16 in Sibago Island, Basilan last November 11, 2016.

Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Le Thi Thu Huang, condemned the killing and seeked for justice for their people. The Vietnamese government requested the Philippine government to verify the beheading of the two victims.

The military are eyeing for the Abu Sayyaf group who are known of beheading their hostages unless ransom are paid.

"What are you really trying to prove? And you say you have a god? You take the name of Allah in vain," the President while in the 64th Araw ng Hagonoy celebration in Davao del Sur on Wednesday.

"I will eat your liver if you want me to. Give me salt and vinegar and I will eat it in front of you," Duterte said. "I eat everything. I am not picky. I eat even what cannot be swallowed."

Last year, President Duterte also threatened to feast on the militants who responsible for bombing his hometown, Davao City, killing 15 people.

"Will we allow ourselves to be enslaved by these people? P***na," Duterte said showing the photos of the beheaded Vietnamese soldiers saved in a mobile phone. He is concern that this current problem might affect the relationship of Philippine and Vietnam, adding that there may be the need to explain the situation to the Vietnamese officials.



"They thanked me for that and now we have another problem," he said referring to the release of Vietnamese fishers who were caught poaching within the waters of the Philippines. During his visit in Hanoi, he stated that Vietnam is concern with the frequent abduction of sailors by the accused group of Abu Sayyaf.

The remains of the beheaded Vietnamese sailors were transported to Zamboanga City for forensic examination and then turned over to Vietnam embassy officials.

According Capt. Jo-Ann Petinglay, the spokesperson of Western Mindanao Command, they have to be sure that the bodies and heads of sailors matches.

Bodies were found in Sumisip, Basilan.

Fortunately, one of the abducted sailors was able to escape. Hoang Vo, 28-year old sailor escaped and was retrieved by the government forces in Sitio Kumonal, Sampini Complex, Sumisip. Other sailors identified as Pham Minh Tuan, Do Trung Hieu, and Tran Khac Dung are still in captivity.

Foreign Affairs Undersecretary for International Economic Cooperation Manuel Teehankee addressed the slaying as "really unacceptable" and called out to other countries to unite in order to wipe out these kinds of extremists.



Source: Philstar




Loading...