The Iloilo City Mayor is hoping that the President will be objective in investigating the drug trade and activities in his city.
Duterte once called Iloilo City "the most shabulized" one in the Philippines - indicating that it illegal drugs is rampant anywhere within the city.
Mabilog contradicted the chief executive's claims about the city he administers, through a statement he sent to the media, the mayor said his administration have been aggressive in eradicating illegal drugs in Iloilo.
"I just hope the President takes an objective look at what has transpired,” the mayor said in a statement sent to the media. "It’s been one year, just short of five days, since he labeled our city ‘most shabulized.’ Iloilo City is a far different city now. I will work harder than ever to totally erase any remnants of the illegal drugs trade in our city. I won’t allow our city to remain in such low esteem in the eyes of the President."
"But we are confident that what we have been doing here is known to national leaders and that these have also reached the President," he added.
Mayor Mabilog's name is included on President Rodrigo Duterte's narcopoliticians list wherein the slain mayor of Ozamiz City is the 3rd killed mayor following Datu Saudi Ampatuan, Maguindanao Mayor Samsudin Dimaukom and the controversial death of Albuera Mayor Rolando Espinosa inside his prison cell.
All of their names are in the narco-list of President Duterte.
"Am I worried? Of course I am," Mabilog said. "But I don’t fear because I have a clear conscience and this will not paralyze me into inaction and fear. I need to muster all the courage to effectively bring our city out of this unfair branding and restore its good name before the eyes of the President and the Filipino people," Mabilog stated.
August 7 of last year, Mabilog was among the politicians, judges, and police officers namd by Duerte who are involved in illegal drugs.
For his part, Mabilog denied the allegations and lamented that the Duterte was given the wrong information on being the 'cousin' of the slain alleged Western Visayas drug lord Melvin Odicta.
"I have mounted an intensified campaign to curb if not totally eliminate the problem of illegal drugs," the mayor said. "We have invested heavily in education and rehabilitation, knowing fully well this battle can’t just be fought with guns and bullets."
To know more about Duterte's narco-list, here's is a list of the names linked to illegal drugs:
Mayors and vice mayors killed in Duterte’s drug war
- Mayor Samsudin Dimaukom, Datu Saudi, Ampatuan, Maguindanao province
- Vice Mayor Bai Anida “Nhedz” Dimaukom (Samsudin’s wife)
- Mayor Rolando Espinosa Sr. of Albuera, Leyte
- Ozamiz City Mayor Reynaldo “Aldong” Parojinog
Former and incumbent mayors and vice mayors arrested in Duterte’s drug war
- Mayor Christopher Amping Cuan of Libungan, North Cotabato
- Vice Mayor Nova Parojinog Eschavez
- Former Mayor Mohammad Ali Abinal, Lanao del Sur
- Vice Mayor Abdul Wahab Sabal, Cotabato City
Former and incumbent mayors and vice mayors who are on Duterte’s drug list
- Mayor Reynaldo Flores – Naguilian, La Union
- Mayor Dante Garcia – Tubao, La Union
- Mayor Martin De Guzman – Bauang, La Union
- Mayor Marjorie Apel Salazar – Lasam, Cagayan
- Mayor Goto Violago – San Rafael, Bulacan
- Mayor Marino Morales – Mabalacat, Pampanga
- Mayor Felix Castillo – Langiden, Abra
- Ex-Mayor Eufronio Eriguel – Agoo, La Union
- Mayor Jesus Celeste alias “Boying” – Bolinao, Pangasinan
- Mayor Jose “Pepe” Miranda – Santiago City, Isabela
- Mayor Vicente Amante – San Pablo City, Laguna
- Mayor Ryan Dolor – Bauan, Batangas
- Vice Mayor Edgardo Trinidad – El Nido, Palawan
- Mayor Alex Centena – Calinog, Iloilo
- Mayor Julius Ronald Pacificador – Hamtic, Antique
- Mayor Jed Mabilog – Iloilo City
- Mayor Sigfredo Betita – Carles, Iloilo
- Mayor Mariano Malones – Maasin, Iloilo
- Ex-Mayor Michael Rama – Cebu City
- Mayor Hector Ong – Laoang, Northern Samar
- Mayor Rolando Espinosa – Albuera, Samar
- Mayor Beda Canamaque – Basay, Negros Oriental
- Ex-Mayor Madeline Ong – Laoang, Northern Samar
- Vice Mayor Francis Ansing Amboy – Maasin, Iloilo
- Fralz Sabalones – San Fernando, Cebu
- Antonio Pesina – Iloilo City
- Erwin “Tongtong” Plagata – Iloilo City
- Ex-Mayor Abubakar Abdukarim Afdal – Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur
- Mayor Gamar Ahay Janihim – Sirawai, Zamboanga del Norte
- David Navarro – Pagadian City, Zamboanga del Sur
- Bobby Alingan – Kolambugan, Lanao del Norte
- Yusofa Monder Bugong Ramin – Iligan City, Lanao del Norte
- Jessie Aguilera – Alegria, Surigao del Norte
- Mayor Fahad Salic – Marawi City
- Mayor Mohammad Ali Abenal – Marantao, Lanao del Sur
- Jamal Dadayan – Buadiposo-Buntong, Lanao del Sur
- Sabdullah Macabago – Saguiaran, Lanao del Sur
- Muslim Aline Macadatu – Lumbatan, Lanao del Sur
- Rasul Sangki – Ampatuan, Maguindanao
- Montaser Sabal – Talitay, Maguindanao
- Vicman Montawal – Datu Montawal, Maguindanao
- Samsudin Dimaukom – Datu Saudi Ampatuan, Maguindanao
- Norodin Salasal – Datu Salibo, Maguindanao
- Ex-Mayor Benahar Tulawie – Talipao, Sulu
- Reynaldo Parojinog – Ozamiz City
- Vice Mayor Nova Princess Parojinog Echavez – Ozamiz City
- Mayor Omar Solitario Ali – Marawi City
- Vice Mayor Abdul Wahab Sabal – Talitay, Magundanao
- Otto Montawal – Datu Montawal, Maguindanao
- Nida Dimagkon – Datu Saudi Ampatuan, Maguindanao
- Arafat Salic – Marawi City
- Rasmiyah Macabago – Saguiaran, Lanao del Sur