The HDMF offers short-term loans and also access to housing programs.
Pag-IBIG guarantees its members that they can refund their total accumulated savings (TAV) that is consisting of their monthly savings, total number of dividend earnings and if there is any employer counterpart share.
However, there are certain requirements one must be qualify first before getting overly ecstatic with this. Below are the applicable rules and requirements for claimants.
Criteria for Membership Termination and Refunding of Pag-IBIG Contributions
A. Membership Maturity
- Member must have at least 240 monthly membership contribution.
- Pag-IBIG Overseas Program (POP) members should have accumulated 4, 10, 15, or 20 years contributions depending on the option chosen upon membership registration.
- Member must be at least 65 years old – the mandatory retiring age.
- Optional retirement may be availed due to the following circumstances:
- Actual retirement from the SSS, the GSIS, or a separate employer provident/ retirement plan, provided the member has at least reached age 45.
- Temporary total disability lasting continuously for more than 120 days;
- Complete loss of sight of both eyes;
- Loss of two limbs at or over the ankle or wrist;
- Permanent complete paralysis of two limbs;
- Brain injury resulting in incurable imbecility or insanity; and
- Such other cases which are adjudged to be total and permanent disability by a duly licensed physician and approved by the Board of Trustees.
D. Termination from service by reason of health.
E. Permanent departure from the country.
- The benefits will be divided among the member’s legal heirs in accordance with the New Civil Code as amended by the New Family Code.
Requirements when claiming your Pag-IBIG Fund Refund
- Application for Provident Benefits Claim (APB, HQP-PFF-040)
- Pag-IBIG Transaction Card and one (1) valid ID card with photo and signature of claimant.
- If the Pag-IBIG Transaction Card is not available, two (2) valid ID cards with photo and signature of claimant.
- Service Records (for government employees only).
- Statement of Service (for AFP)
Additional Requirements depending on reason for claim:
- PSA Certified True Copy of Member’s Death Certificate
- Notarized Proof of Surviving Legal Heirs
- PSA Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate of all children or Baptismal / Confirmation Certificate (if with children).
- Notarized Affidavit of Guardianship (if with children below 18 years old, or if child/children is/are physically or mentally incompetent).
- To establish kinship with the deceased member, the claimant shall submit any one of the following:
- PSA Certified Tru Copy of Member’s/Claimant’s Birth Certificate
- PSA Certified True Copy of Non-availability of Birth Record and Notarized Joint Affidavit of Two (2) Disinterested Persons.
- Certified True Copy of Member’s / Claimant’s Baptismal / Confirmation Certificate.
- If member is single, Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR).
- If member is married, PSA Certified True Copy of Member’s Marriage Contract and Advisory on Marriage.
- PSA Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate
- PSA Certified True Copy of Non-availability of Birth Record and Notarized Joint Affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons.
- Notarized Certificate of Early Retirement (for private employees only, at least 45 years old).
- GSIS Retirement Voucher (for government employees).
- Order of Retirement (for AFP).
Permanent Total Disability or Insanity / Termination from the Service by Reason of Health
- Physician’s Certificate / Statement (with clinical or medical abstract).
Permanent Departure from the Country
- Photocopy of Passport with Immigrant Visa / Residence Visa / Settlement Visa or its equivalent.
- Notarized Sworn Declaration of Intention to Depart from the Philippines Permanently (no need to submit if already based abroad).
Procedure on how to claim refund:
- Visit the nearest Pag-IBIG Fund office in your area.
- Present your ID to a Pag-IBIG staff and inquire about fund withdrawal.
- Your Pag-IBIG account will be verified for any applied or outstanding housing loan or short-term loan.
- You will be advised to secure your application for Provident Benefits Claim after verification.
- Submit your application form and get your claim stub with the date when refund check is ready for pick-up.
How to request for a copy of Total Accumulated Value (TAV) for company employees through their company liaison.
- Visit Pag-IBIG Fund Office in your localities.
- Ask the security guard where to inquire regarding Pag-IBIG Fund withdrawal. You will be pointed to the window that is responsible for that information. You will be asked for a valid ID, if you work for a company, you may present your company ID.
- Minutes later, you will directed to next window for verification if there is any unpaid Housing Loan or Short Term Loan.
- You may be asked to return to the next window where the Application for Provident Benefits Claim (APB, HQP-PFF-040) will be given and then fill-up the form.
- A staff will then process your request and you will be given a claim stub where it the date for your check can be picked-up.
The process takes about 30 minutes, more or less.
Pag-IBIG FUND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS, IF DEEMED NECESSARY. PROCESSING OF CLAIMS SHALL COMMENCE ONLY UPON SUBMISSION OF COMPLETE DOCUMENTS.
IN ALL INSTANCES WHEREIN PHOTOCOPIES ARE SUBMITTED, THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENT MUST BE PRESENTED FOR AUTHENTICATION.
IF MEMBER/CLAIMANT CANNOT CLAIM PERSONALLY, SUBMIT SPECIAL POWER OF ATTORNEY (HQP-PFF-033) AND TWO (2) VALID ID CARDS EACH OF THE PRINCIPAL AND ATTORNEY-IN-FACT.
Source : Pag-ibig